The Foundation's Mission
The Fondation Alberto et Annette Giacometti Giacometti is dedicated to preserving and conserving its own collection (drawings, paintings, prints, plasters, bronze casts), while working to promote Giacometti’s work internationally. Its activities notably include the following :
• Presenting Alberto Giacometti’s work to the general public through monographic and thematic exhibitions and loans to museums, in France and abroad.
• Establishing a complete catalogue of the artist’s authentic works, with the result of ongoing reasearch being progressively made available online - see the AGD Catalogue: Alberto Giacometti Database
• Accompanying the restoration of authentic works by the artist, thanks to the know-how and documentation of the Foundation on Alberto Giacometti's œuvre.
• Organizing or co-organizing various cultural events (lectures and conferences)
• Publishing or contributing to publications helping to foster knowledge of Alberto Giacometti’s work.
• Providing a contemporary perspective on Giacometti, notably through contemporary art acquisitions.
• Managing rights on Giacometti’s works and writings, as well as on the artist’s personal image, notably delivering authorisations for the 5/8ths of Giacometti’s patrimonial rights held by the Foundation.
• Defending the artist’s moral rights internationally. To this end, it focuses on the monitoring of publications, exhibitions and sales relating thereto. It is involved in the seizure and destructions of counterfeits as well as the prosecution of the perpetrators.